The Troubleshooting visualizations are a PRO feature new to NetSpot 2.0. They can be used to quickly highlight areas in a zone that have potential issues. The six visualizations are:
- Issues with SNR
- Low signal level
- High noise level
- Overlapping channels (SIR)
- Low download rate
- Low upload rate
Note that the colors in the troubleshooting heatmaps have different meanings than the other maps in NetSpot. If you are reviewing a troubleshooting report, red signifies that this area has a high probability for a problem to occur. Yellow means there is cause for concern. Green means everything’s fine.
Remember, no software will ever be the equal of an experienced network specialist. But these tools should at least get you headed in the right direction.
How to use the troubleshooting visualizations
- Perform a survey of your zone as usual.
- Click on the Visualization drop-down menu on the bottom of the window and select Troubleshooting.
- A new drop-down menu will appear to the right.
- Select the troubleshooting option you wish to view from the new menu.
- If you see areas of red or yellow, try selecting each network on the left-hand side one at a time, to try and narrow down where the problem is occurring.
- You can modify the values related to the heatmap colors by clicking the Visualization Configuration gear icon, to the right of the Visualization drop-down menu. You can also adjust all Troubleshooting configurations in one spot by going to NetSpot > Preferences on the top menu bar and then selecting the Troubleshooting tab.
- From the Preferences > Troubleshooting tab, you can also click the button to “Reset all troubleshooting critical settings”. This will reset the settings for all Troubleshooting visualizations and none of your custom settings will be saved.
- Click any of the links below to learn more about specific issues:
- Troubleshooting SNR Issues
- Troubleshooting SIR Issues
- Troubleshooting Low Signal Level Issues
- Troubleshooting High Noise Level Issues
- Troubleshooting Low Download Rates
- Troubleshooting Low Upload Rates