NetSpot 2.0 PRO makes it easy to scan the same zone twice. Many users will scan a zone, make adjustments to their equipment and environment and then want to rescan to see if they have improved their network.
Now all that takes is one click of a button.
- To take your first snapshot: The zone snapshots are located in a bar right above the zone map. Your first snapshot is created automatically when you do your first scan. You’ll see a label show up on the bar that says something like “#1 Oct 11, 2012” (or whatever the current date is). Clicking on that label will give you more information about that particular scan.
- To add a new zone snapshot: Click the Plus (+) icon at the right end of the bar. A “#2” zone snapshot name will appear and you can begin your next scan.
- To view or compare snapshots: Simply click on the name of each snapshot and you will be able to view all visualizations associated with each scan.
- To rename a snapshot: Click on the snapshot name and select Rename…
- To delete a snapshot: Click on the snapshot name and select Remove.
- To save zone snapshots: Snapshots are automatically saved with your Project, so simply go up to the menu bar and select Project > Save.
Note: This is a PRO/Enterprise feature. If you have the free version, you won’t be able to create multi-zone projects or use Zone Snapshots feature.