When starting a new survey, one of the settings is the Zone Area Type. This setting regulates how large the green circle is around each measurement point during a survey.
For users of NetSpot Free, the only option is “Closed office space or apartment” (3-meter diameter per data point). But for NetSpot PRO users, there are several additional options:
- Office with privacy walls – the green data sampling circle is 5 m in diameter.
- Large open indoor area (airport, supermarket) – 12 meters.
- Outdoor restrained urban area – 15 meters.
- Outdoor area with medium housing density – 30 meters.
- Large open outdoor area (stadium) – 60 meters.
Select the correct setting for your area to limit the number of samples you need to take, and increase the accuracy of your results.